Bike Locksmith – Bicycle Lock Out Service Bronx
Concerns with bicycle security and locks are the second pressing matter we encounter in the Bronx. Every day, we receive distressed calls from our customers because they can no longer actuate their bicycle locks.
There is no need to panic when you encounter this scenario, as you can rely on us The Bronx Locksmith. We are a 24/7 all-around local locksmith company in the area. With our combined experience and training, we can seamlessly provide security solutions for your bicycle locksmith needs.
Bike Locksmith – Bicycle Lock Out Service
We feel your frustration when you cannot open the lock of your bike, and you have to catch up with work or buy something in your nearest store. Your worries will be reduced when you have a professional to lean on, thus, you can count on us The Bronx Locksmith.
Our licensed and bonded technicians are well-versed in fixing or unlocking different types of bicycle locks. Some of the common locks we handle include D-locks, cable, chain, combo, and foldable locks.
Our mobile locksmith service is available 24 hours and 7 days a week. With just one call, our van will be there in your location in 15 minutes! We will meticulously examine your problem and find the best means of unlocking your bikes without any damages.
Bike Locks: Different Types Explained
Do you have a clear idea of the various types of bike locks? If not, then don’t worry as we are going to explain the different kinds of locks used to secure bicycles in the Bronx.
- D-Locks: These locks have existed since the 1970s and are also known as the U-locks. It has a weird shape for the shackle, yet it truly works in securing your bikes from thieves. Most D-locks have built-in lock mechanisms which can be keyed or combo locks.
- Chain Locks: These locks have a strong visual appearance which usually scares off burglars. The larger and thicker the chain rings, the more durable it is from hammering, drilling, bolt crop, and sawing. Oftentimes, a padlock is used to secure both ends of the chain.
- Cable Locks: This one is still made from quality and flexible metal alloy, but lighter than chains. Most cable locks are insulated with polyurethane material to avoid damaging bike paints. Likewise, it is recommended as a supplemental lock rather than as standalone.
- Combo Locks: These bike locks are keyless and can be actuated using numeric codes. Combo locks can be composed of 3, 4, or 5 rings, meaning it can be actuated using 3 to 5 numeric figures. Combo locks can be used alongside with other types such as D-locks, foldable, and cable locks.
- Foldable Locks: These locks are used similarly with cable and chain locks. Most folding locks are rated Silver or Gold on a Sold Secure Rating. It typically comes with a bracket for easy mounting on your bicycle.
- Ground Anchor: This is a static lock that is drilled on the ground. It is preferable to install a ground anchor on your garage or in places where bikes are mostly parked.
Always remember to choose a bike lock that has a Sold Secure rating. This ensures your bicycle won’t be stolen easily as it can effectively resist twelve forceful ways of destroying a lock in five minutes.
If you need further assistance in finding the right lock for your bicycle, you can turn to us The Bronx Locksmith. We have various supplies of locks in our van and our techs will help you choose.
How to Choose the Best Bike Lock
Your bicycle lock must be as good and durable as your bike. With that, you are confident that thieves won’t be able to steal your unit before you get back to it.
Nonetheless, if you have no solid idea on how to properly choose one, then The Bronx Locksmith is here to assist you. Below are some of the factors we consider in selecting a quality bicycle lock.
- Sold Secure Rating: This is a standard test where the lock is subjected to twelve types of forceful attacks. The lock must be able to withstand the heavy blows for five minutes without breaking or opening. There are three tiers for this: Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- Weight: Most durable and hardened bike locks have a substantial weight. For lightweight, they still have dependable strength but requires a supplemental lock for better security.
- Shackle: The go-to choice for this one would be stainless steel and some would have a mix of other component to make it more flexible and rustproof. Likewise, choosing a shackle that is insulated would be nice to avoid any scratches on the bike paint.
Our knowledgeable and friendly technicians shall ensure that your bike locks are efficiently unlocked in no time. We will use different tools that fit the situation and kind of lock used in your bicycle.
We will only leave your side once we have completely resolved your bicycle locksmith concerns in the Bronx. The Bronx Locksmith is your trustworthy local locksmith that shall quickly respond to your locksmith needs.
Bike locksmith near me
If you have not still found the right bicycle locksmith in the area, I guess it’s about time you call us. The Bronx Locksmith is available day or night to resolve your issues regarding bicycle locks and keys.
Should you need our assistance, save and dial our number.
15 Minute Response
We have the fastest response time in Bronx, that is, 15 minutes! The Bronx Locksmith will never waste a second of your time, for that can put you at risk. Our mobile van will be there in a breeze after the service call.
We are available 24/7
The Bronx Locksmith is a 24/7 emergency local locksmith that shall mend your problems with bike locks, keys, combo locks, and shackles. No matter what time and where you are in the Bronx, our mobile locksmith team will be there on time to assist you.
Just give us a short call today.